I recently jumped on the furniture DIY bandwagon..
here's our beast of a dresser.. redone!
We recently moved our room upstairs & due to the slanted attic walls,
we were unable to bring our lovely 1980's dresser with us!
Look at this thing, it was screaming for help!
I knew that I wanted to try to paint it for our daughter's room,
so.. I went for it!
I searched & read up about furniture refinishing, and found an amazing product that completely eliminates the need for sanding, Zinsser Cover Stain!
It is oil based, and MESSY.. so I used cheap throw away brushes to slather it on.
I had a ton of white paint leftover from painting the trim of our daughter's room..
so that would be color of my 'new' dresser!
After painting, I got to work distressing, which was SO fun!
I just used a low grit sandpaper, and even an emery board to get in the small spots to achieve the worn look I was going for.
Here's a close up of the distressing, I LOVE how it turned out!
Here's the finished project!
I really like how it turned out, it's perfect for Adalyn's room..
and it was her grandparent's, so it's a new keepsake for her!
Here's the before & after..
I loved this project & can't wait to start on my next one!
I am linking to these DIY blogs, check them out for tons of inspiration!